A living succulent wreath could last many seasons with very little care.
Recipe for a Living Wreath
- Black Gold potting Soil
- Living wreath ring (a two-piece snap-together wire ring)
- Green moss, available at retail garden centers
- Sedum and Sempervivum of your choice
- Soak green moss in bucket of water.
- Lay wire ring on a flat surface, rounded side down, and remove flat top.
- Wring excess water from moss. Layer moss in curved part of ring.
- Form a “ditch” in the thick layer of moss with your hand.
- Add moist Black Gold potting soil.
- Snap on top half of wire ring.
- Plant moist plants in spacing through wire ring cover.
- Add more soil around plants until firm.
- Pack more layers of moss surrounding plants until ring is full and plants are secure.
- Water generously — keeping flat for 5-7 days
Caring for your wreath:
- As plants grow, trim or pinch them back to retain desired shape.
- Water/soak 1-2 times a week in summer hot months